Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Word of the Day--Change

Change-the summer of 1967 and I was involved in trying to change my community for the better. My parents were both activists of sorts and encouraged getting involved. And while it was somewhat idealistic and youthful in it's expression, I still have the desire to create positive change where I can. The other picture is a young man I mentor at a local high school near me where I'm involved in a youth mentoring program. It was taken last June at the Strategic Air Command (SAC) museum outside of Omaha before we said so long for the summer. I see him every Friday morning for an hour. The goal: be an encourager and create positive change. I'm supposed to change him-I think it's been the other way around.
My Teammate, Brady and I in June


No comments: